NGRN organized an expert discussion with the participation of European and Asian experts on the topic “What does Biden’s Chinese policy mean for Asia and Europe?” (Hold under the Chatham House Rule).
Experts from Germany, Ukraine and Kazakhstan took part in the discussion: Helena Legarda, senior analyst of Mercator Institute for China Studies (MERICS, Germany); Adil Kaukenov, director of the China Centre (Kazakhstan); Yurii Poita, Head of the Asia-Pacific Section of New Geopolitics Research Network (Ukraine).
Questions for discussion:
- What does the intensifying confrontation between the US and China mean for Kazakhstan?
- How does Kyiv see the development of relations with China, taking into account the difficult geopolitical and security situation?
- How will Motor Sich’s case affect Ukrainian-Chinese relations?
- How the EU policy towards China is developing? What means the introduction of China’s sanctions on European institutions and scientists?
- What will happen with the EU-China Comprehensive Agreement on Investment (CAI)?